Behavioral health, sometimes referred to as mental health, describes the connection between behaviors and the health and well-being of the body, mind, and spirit. Charles Drew Health Center prides itself on being a resource – for behavioral health and more – for the community we serve. While we offer only outpatient care at this time, we can refer you for additional care if needed. CDHC retains several licensed behavioral health therapists on staff who can help you start healing.
Reasons to See a Behavioral Health Therapist
- Feelings of sadness, hopelessness, or lack of motivation
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Grief caused by a recent death
- Feelings of moodiness, extreme emotion, or feeling out of control
- Regular irritability or bouts of anger
- Uncontrollable fidgeting or impulsivity
- Stressful life circumstances
- Coping with a chronic disease, such as diabetes or cancer
- Developing healthy lifestyle habits
- Concerns about parenting
- Children misbehaving at school
- Marital or parent/child relationship counseling
- Caring for a loved one who is sick or impaired
Accessing necessary behavioral health resources can be challenging due to time, transportation, or financial constraints. CDHC makes accessibility a priority by offering a wide variety of mental healthcare services and appointment options from licensed therapists who are experts in their fields.
Behavioral Health Services
Pre-screening to determine if behavioral health services are needed
Medical and behavioral health care concerns
Assistance in identifying triggers and ways to reduce nicotine use
Therapy sessions via your home computer, tablet, or smart phone
30-, 45-, and 60-minute therapy sessions focused on your treatment
Understanding, recognizing, and responding to the effects of all types of traumas
Fees and Payments:
- We accept Medicaid, Medicare, and private insurance and offer a sliding fee for uninsured individuals.
- We accept checks, cash, and Visa/MasterCard.
- Payment is expected on the day of your appointment unless other arrangements have been made.
- If you need to make several visits, we can give you an estimate of the total cost and arrange a payment plan.
- Our health center only sees patients during office hours. For after-hours emergencies, please call 536.6000 to reach our medical answering service.
- Charles Drew Health Center provides on-site interpretation and translation services for non-English speaking patients in more than 15 languages. Learn more about our language services.